Friday, April 15, 2011

Repurposing old linen tutorial - CROCHET

We have had this old ragged white bedsheet for way too long but Ms Thrifty didn't feel like throwing away such a large piece of fabric.

So, I ripped it in strips of about 2 inches each, tied them up to one loong line and started crocheting away.





I started with one large loop.









In this initial loop, I crocheted 8 double-crochets, each divided by one cast and then closed the loop.

For the next row, I started with 4 casts, * then into each cast from the previous row, I doublecrochet one, followed by one cast *. Repeated until end of circle and closed with a loop.

I continued this pattern until the fabric-yarn was all crocheted up.



Good-bye old bedsheet, hello new seat-cover!

Ahhh, nice and cozy now on our wooden bench...


"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis

2 comments:

  1. Not only are u the duck, dog, chick, child, and man whisperer - you sew, crochet, cook and knit all at the same time. K...I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you are too sweet. Thanks! Speaking about bird whispering: When my feathered friends scream at me, I realy always know what they want from me. Funny, eh?! After such a short time together, I got them already figured out.

    ReplyDelete