Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tutorial - Organisation Boxes

My daughter is three years and we are practicing to put away our playthings after - well uh - playing. This is when I realised, maybe the little princess can make good use of some organisational boxes. Of course they had to be princessy or at least ballerinas on them and so I set off to work.

From our move, we still had a vast amount of boxes. Of course I have also a vast amount of kiddy-fabric. I grabbed a large jar of mod podge, shushed dogs and ducks outside and occupied the entire living room.

First, I cleaned the boxes from all the packing tape.












After folding them in on the bottom, I fixed them with mod podge.











After they had dried off, I cut a handling hole into one of the sides.















Then I mod podged this side.










Cut the fabric with a bit of allowance on each side, put it on the mod podged side and smoothed the fabric out.







Then I cut a hole into the fabric at the exact place where the hole in in the box.
Mod podged the inside and pressed the fabric in.


Make sure you mod podge all the threats.







I used two different kinds of fabric. The sides where the fabrics came together, I folded one over, kind of like sewing and mod podged it.








Et voila, after drying completely, all the toys have a new home ...






"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis
55 AD - 138 AD

No comments:

Post a Comment